1. Click the Assignment activity
2. Click the View all submissions button.
3. The reports are located under the File Submissionscolumn, under the student's submission.
- If the message "Turnitin status: Queued" is shown instead of any reports, then Turnitin is still checking the document
- Clicking on the percentage will open/show the Similarity Report of the submission. The Similarity Report shows which parts of the document have similar content to other works found on their database
- Blue: No matching text
- Green: One word to 24% matching text
- Yellow: 25-49% matching text
- Orange: 50-74% matching text
- Red: 75-100% matching text
- Clicking on the GradeMark button () will open the document on Turnitin's document viewer. This is the same document viewer used by the Similarity Report, the difference is that this will show the document without highlighting the parts that have similar content to other works found on their database.
- If there is no percentage and no "Turnitin status: Queued" message but there is a GradeMark button (), then Turnitin has finished checking the document but has not yet finished processing. Kindly wait a few more minutes.
4. If turnitin finds a similarity in the document to one of their sources then the texts are highlighted. Clicking the number located at the beginning of the highlight will show the matching source (It will show the website and the matching text).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Turnitin does not actually check for plagiarism. Instead, it checks the submissions against their database of sources to be reviewed by you, the checker. Their database includes billions of web pages and a collection of documents, which comprises thousands of periodicals, journals, and publications.